- Copyright & copyright notices
- Agencies must include appropriate copyright notices on their websites.
- Freedom of Information
- Reforms to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (the FOI Act) in 2010 introduced fundamental changes to the way information held by government is managed and accessed by members of the public.
- Privacy & privacy statements
- Australian Government agencies must comply with the Privacy Act 1988, particularly the Information Privacy Principles, and include a privacy statement on their websites.
- The Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework directs Australian Government agencies to consider the security implications of their electronic information systems and to devise policy and plans to ensure the systems are appropriately protected.